Free TOEFL resources to help you succeed
Know all about TOEFL: Download TOEFL E-Book for free now!
|LANGUAGE TESTS demand a high degree of learning and comprehension abilities on a consistent basis|
The most widely accepted English-language assessment worldwide, TOEFL is accepted by over 8,500 institutions in over 130 countries including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the UK and the United States.
Appearing for TOEFL to Study Abroad? Boost Your Preparation with TOEFL Test Pack! Click Here To Know More
AS part of the undergraduate and graduate admissions process, you will most likely be required to demonstrate your English language skills if English is not your native language. You can take the TOEFL test in half-a-day, not requiring a second day of testing and incurring additional travel and lodging expenses.
ETS, the creator of the TOEFL test, has developed a TOEFL Toolkit to help you succeed! The resources are user-friendly, easy to access from your computer or mobile devices – and the best part is that they are all FREE!
- TOEFL iBT® Quick Prep (www.ets.org/toefl/quickprep): Students are always requesting more sample test questions from ETS! The TOEFL iBT® Quick Prep offers test questions that have appeared in past TOEFL tests to aid students with study preparation.
- “Inside the TOEFL® Test” Video Series (www.ets.org/toefl/video_library/): The format of the Writing and Speaking sections of TOEFL don’t have to be a mystery. A new five-part video series provides an in depth look at the Writing and Speaking sections of the TOEFL test to familiarise students with it.
- TOEFL® Test Prep Planner (www.ets.org/toefl/planner): You’ve studied hard to learn English and now you will want to make sure you are comfortable with the format of TOEFL and available resources. The TOEFL® Test Prep Planner provides an eight-week calendar so you will be prepared in order to do your best on test day.
- TOEFL® Go Anywhere website (www.TOEFLGoAnywhere.org): This interactive website is constantly updated with new resources designed specifically for TOEFL test-takers. Through the site’s multimedia platforms, students can benefit from various study resources, such as the Study Group video series, which provide specific strategies for the reading, writing, speaking and listening sections of the TOEFL test.
Executive Director, TOEFL
“Watch a new video each day that shares best practices and study tips regarding the TOEFL test.”
- TOEFL® TV Channel hosted on YouTube® (www.youtube.com/TOEFLtv): Have a few minutes on your daily commute? Watch a new video each day that shares best practices and study tips regarding the TOEFL test from English-language teachers, students who have taken the TOEFL test, as well as institutions around the world who accept the TOEFL test.
- TOEFL® Go Anywhere India page on Facebook® (www.facebook.com/toeflgoanywhereindia): Join the conversation with more than 130,000 students from India and learn the latest information pertaining to the TOEFL test and educational events taking place throughout India.
- TOEFL Journey® Program (www.toeflgoanywhere.org/user/toefl-journey): Thinking about studying abroad? The TOEFL Journey® program creates a personalised web page for students based on expressed study abroad interests and identified stage within the testing process. The programme also provides access to a wide spectrum of resources ranging from helpful hints for living in a foreign country, to a comprehensive listing of student visa requirements and available scholarship opportunities, as well as timely and helpful email and text messages customised for your journey.
- Lexile® Measures from MetaMetrics® (http://lexile.com/toefl): Having difficulty finding interesting reading material at your skill level? Based on your TOEFL Reading score, a Lexile score can help you to select materials of interest that will provide an appropriate level of challenge to promote your reading development.
- “Welcome to the TOEFL iBT® Testing Site” Video (www.toeflgoanywhere.org/content/what-expect-test-day): Curious to learn more about what to expect on testing day? View this six-minute video to become familiar with the registration, check-in and testing process. Knowing what to expect on test day can put you at ease.
- TOEFL customer centres specifically for Indian students: The college admissions process is a busy time in a student’s life. ETS has two resource centres available to answer your questions:
-- TOEFL Customer Call Center for Indian students will answer your pre-and post TOEFL questions and is accessible by phone toll-free directly from India, Monday–Friday from 9 am-5 pm ISD @ 000-800-100-3780, and by email at TOEFLsupport4India@ets.org.
-- The TOEFL Resource Center in India is available to answer your questions about the TOEFL test and available study resources by email at TOEFL@studyplaces.com or by phone at 91 9 7112 37111.
The TOEFL Toolkit makes preparing for the TOEFL test easier than ever! And remember, Indian students now have the option to pay for the TOEFL test in rupees when they register online for the TOEFL iBT® test. World over, twenty seven million students have taken the TOEFL test. So don’t be left behind. Good luck!
The author, Teresa Sanchez-Lazer is Executive Director, TOEFL Program, ETS.