Georgia College announces International Student Scholarship 2014
Awarding Institute / Body:
Georgia College announces International Student Scholarship 2014 for students wishing to undergo an undergraduate programme at the university.
Want to study in USA? Register now to get a call back for expert guidance.Scholarship Description:
Georgia College, USA invites applications for International Student Scholarship 2014 from students wishing to undergo an undergraduate programme at the university. The International Student Scholarships 2014 are awarded on the basis of financial need, evidence of extra-curricular involvement and demonstrated academic ability. Only the international students who have not been awarded an International Student Scholarship prior to attendance at Georgia College can compete. The application for such students will be once a year and for a limited number of available International Student Scholarships. The scholarship is awarded either as a full out-of-state tuition waiver or a half out-of-state tuition waiver.
How to apply
To apply for the Georgia College International Student Scholarship 2014 candidates need to download the application form online and submit it to the International Education Center. Click here for further information.
Level of study: UG
The Georgia College International Student Scholarship 2014 eligibility criteria are:
- Candidate must be a non-resident alien in F-1 or J-1 student visa status.
- Candidates who are U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (Green Card holders) or belong to other immigration classifications should contact the Office of Admissions for application procedures.
- Candidates must submit a completed application for admission and completed International Student Scholarship application.
- Candidates must submit official (certified or attested) high school/secondary school and all college/university level work in the original language, along with an official (certified or attested) English translation, including all final examination results.
- Candidates must not send any notarized records.
- Candidates need to arrange for their official TOEFL Score that has to be sent directly by the Educational Testing Service or other proof of English language proficiency. Where minimum requirement for TOEFL is 61 (Internet-based) or 500 (paper-based), for IELTS, the minimum Score is 6.0.
- Candidates need to submit their SAT scores where minimum scores for verbal is 440 and for Critical Reading it’s 430.
- Candidates need to submit one or two page Student Essay.
- Candidates need to submit completed and signed Declaration of Finances form.
- Candidates need to submit original and official bank documents.
- Candidates need to submit a copy of passport identification page or national identification card.
- Candidates can also submit International Student Scholarship application, together with two letters of recommendation and a letter from the applicant. (Optional)
Duration of the award:
Full term or half term
Type of award: scholarships
Value of the award:
- Full out-of-state tuition waiver
- Half out-of-state tuition waiver
- For Fall term (Aug-Dec), the deadline is 1 April 2014
- For Spring term (Jan-May), the deadline is 1 September 2014